Applications are invited for the AIT Asian Development Bank Scholarships 2024. The last date to apply for the AIT Asian Development Bank Scholarships is 31st March 2024. The Scholarship is offered at the Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand. ADB Scholarship is a Fully Funded Scholarship for International Students to Study master’s Degrees. The Asian Development Scholarship offers 140 scholarships every year and the ADB Scholarship is from the Japanese government in the Fields of Economics, Management, Science and Technology, and other Development-Related Fields.
An amazing opportunity for students worldwide to study for free in Thailand is the ADB award. The duration of the ADB Scholarships is one to two years. For the MA, MS, and MBA programs, the maximum scholarship award duration is two years.
The AIT Asian Development Bank Scholarships is an international English-speaking postgraduate institution, focusing on engineering, environment, and management studies. AIT’s rigorous academic, research, and experiential outreach programs prepare graduates for professional success and leadership roles in Asia and beyond.
Founded in 1959, AIT offers the opportunity to study at an institution in Asia which possesses a global reputation. Going forward, AIT will be stressing its global connections, injection of innovation into research and teaching, its relevance to industry, and its nurturing of entrepreneurship, while continuing to fulfill its social impact and capacity-building role. Sitting on a beautiful green campus located just north of Bangkok, Thailand, AIT operates as a multicultural community where a cosmopolitan approach to living and learning is the rule. You will meet and study with people from all around the world.
Today, AIT’s internationally recognized engineering, environment, and management graduates are highly sought after by employers in their home country and elsewhere. Across many walks of life in Asia, AIT alumni have distinguished themselves as CEOs of private and state enterprises, as business owners, as well-respected researchers and faculty, and as senior university and government officials.
AIT Asian Development Bank Scholarships Details
University: Asian Institute of Technology
Degree level: Masters
Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
Eligible Nationality: International
Award Country: Thailand
Last Date: 31 March 2024
Transforming AIT to be a respectable international graduate institution whose research and education contribute to the development of Asia, by making AIT more global, more innovative, more entrepreneurial, and more economically relevant–while leveraging on its social impact core strengths.
The mission of AIT in the context of the emerging environment is “to develop highly qualified and committed professionals who will play a leading role in the sustainable development of the region and its integration into the global economy”.
Guided by the above clear, timeless vision and mission, the dedicated students, faculty and staff of AIT are set to steer the Institute along its path of becoming:
- A trailblazer in advanced education in the region, with leadership in IT and new types of multidisciplinary programs
- An exemplary institution, with an emphasis on academic quality in terms of courses and other aspects of operation
- A leader in professional development programs
- A hub for the implementation of regional and transnational research projects, and a research facility for academic professionals. A nexus for networking with other academic and research institutions in the region and the world
- A model international citizen
- A collaborator and partner of national postgraduate institutions
- A financially viable, self-sustaining institution, able to draw support from donors the private sector and individuals, with good governance and strong leadership
- A strong partner to its alumni, who are principal stakeholders through the AIT Alumni Association (AITAA)
Student assistantship is a great way to maximize your potential by allowing yourself to get noticed in today’s job market, pursuing your interests in more depth, and broadening your networks.
“Your graduate education is more than what you learn in the classroom — it is also the work experience you gain”. Student assistantship is a unique experience during graduate studies. It provides an excellent learning environment, exposing students to what it is like to be in the workforce while providing the added benefit of a financial reward.
Student International Exchange
The objective of international exchange is to equip AIT students with balanced skills and knowledge by providing an opportunity to learn inside and outside the classroom at a partner university abroad. A positive exchange experience can also offer students an opportunity to cultivate academic knowledge, transversal skills, and intercultural communication, and expand their personal and professional networks. On top of taking credit-bearing classes at a partner university, exchange students are encouraged to participate in conferences, seminars, workshops, and activities available for enhancing targeted and balanced abilities, skills and techniques.
The objective of the internship program is to provide opportunities for the students to reflect upon, analyze, contextualize the classroom knowledge and expand their experiences based on lectures or courses undertaken at AIT. Through the internship students can gain valuable practical experience and contextualize classroom learning; Furthermore, learning also provides opportunities for enterprises and AIT to further develop programs, courses, and lectures that increase the graduate’s ability to apply classroom learnings of their specific field of study at related job or career. The internship program is an opportunity for our students to work closely with Enterprises to guide and motivate students to learn and gain the necessary skills for career placement once they graduate.
We want to get to know you through your application, to hear your voice and explore your potential. We hope you get to know yourself better through the application process, too.
Across every program, we actively seek students from a wide variety of backgrounds. We value the exceptional academic talent, intellectual curiosity, individual perspectives, creativity, and other defining attributes that each student uniquely contributes to our community.
AIT provides students with distinctive opportunities to undertake their studies in rigorous and challenging ways. Each program requires its own application for participation.
High-quality on-campus accommodations are available in different types, such as air-conditioned or non-air-conditioned; cooking or non cooking, and single or double occupancy — all rooms are fully furnished with regular maintenance services. A weekly cleaning service is also available.
Accommodation facilities & service
- Campus accommodation with air-conditioned/non-air-conditioned & cooking/non-cooking rooms*
- Provides the following maintenance services
- Electrical equipment, furniture, sanitary, building maintenance, gas delivery
- Cleaning services
- Linens provision and laundry service (2 bedsheets, 2 towels, and 1 Pillowcase) except Category 2 (Dorm E, J, K) and SV Married Units.
Tuition & fees
|Study costs for SERD and SET
|Master’s & M.Phil
|Master (1 year)
|7 Semesters (84 credits) 42 Months
|4 Semesters (48 credits) 22 Months
|1 Semester (12 credits) 5 Months
|Registration Fee @Baht 20,000 per Semester
|Tuition Fee @Baht 16,000 per Credit
|฿48,000 – 192,000
|Language Support Fee
|Medical Insurance Fee @Baht 2,500 per Year
|Student Union Fee @Baht 150 per Semester
|฿69,400 – 213,400
|Living /Accommodation/Miscellaneous Expenses* @Baht 11,500-15,000 per Month
|฿483,000 – 630,000
|฿253,000 – 330,000
|฿138,000 – 180,000
|฿57,500 – 75,000
|Visa fee @Baht 1,900 per Year
Recognized as one of the leading academic institutes in the field of sustainability in Asia, AIT through its research projects, thrives to take on new research frontiers to build a better knowledge base and facilitate actions toward the sustainable development of the region. To make a significant and lasting difference to the communities, AIT’s research projects are designed to bolster technology development and application, environmental conservation, and policy innovation thus promoting sustainability and sustainable development around Asia and beyond.
- Complete Tuition Fees
- Residential Allowance
- Subsistence Allowance including housing allowance
- Student Medical and Accident Insurance.
- Economy Class Air Travel Tickets.
- Visa Fees, Airport Taxes, Luggage Allowance.
- Thesis/Research Allowance. Photocopying, School Supplies, Typing and Computer Charges, Postage, Communications, Binding Charges, Local Travel Costs and Accommodation for out-of-town trips.
Available Study Fields
- Software Engineering
- Computer Science
- Information Management
- Industrial Engineering & Management
- Design and Manufacturing Engineering
- Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems
- Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
- Information and Communications Technologies
- Microelectronics and Embedded Systems
- Construction, Engineering and Infrastructure Management
- Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Water Engineering and Management
- Geosystem Exploration and Petroleum Geoengineering
- Offshore Technology and Management.
- Agricultural Systems & Engineering
- Aquaculture & Aquatic Resources Management
- Food Engineering & Bioprocess Technology
- Pulp and Paper Technology
- Gender and Development Studies
- Natural Resources Management
- Regional & Rural Development Planning
- Environmental Engineering & Management
- Urban Environmental Management
- Agribusiness Management
- Energy and Environment
- Climate Change for Sustainable Development
- Cleaner Production (SAT, SCE, SERD, and SOM)
- Integrated Tropical Coastal Zone Management (SERD and SCE)
- Integrated Watershed Development and Management (SERD and SCE)
- Modelling Tools for Environment and Resources Management (SERD and SCE)
- Disaster Preparedness, Mitigation, and Management
- Environmental Geotechnics and Management
- Greater Mekong Subregion Development Study
- Energy Business Management
- Management of Technology
- International Business
- International Public Management
- Business Administration
- Banking and Finance.
- Be a national of an ADB Country. For a list of current developing member countries visit the ADB – Japan Scholarship Program to Check Your Country Name.
- Preference to women candidates.
- Preference to applicants with lesser financial capacity. Family income should be not more than USD 50,000 per year and individual income should not be more than USD 25,000 per year.
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with a superior academic record.
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs that are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- Agree to return to your home country after completing the program.
- Copy of Degree Certificate and Transcript of 4 years of the undergraduate degree program
- Two Letters of Recommendation.
- English Proficiency Requirement: TOEFL (computer-based: 213 or iTOEFL: 80), or IELTS: 6 (writing and overall) or equivalent
- Work certificate provided by the employer.
- Income statement. If married, please submit the spouse’s income statement; otherwise, parents income statement
- ADB-JSP Information sheet.
The last date to apply for the AIT Asian Development Bank Scholarships is 31st March 2024.
How To Apply?
The best place to start if you want to learn more about Asian Development Bank scholarships is the official website. Additionally, you can learn more about the university’s staff, faculty, research, and outreach initiatives. The gives users access to online textbooks and study guides, in addition to other resources. If you’re interested in learning more about the university, whether you’re a prospective or current student or just curious, go to its official website. To visit the website, click here
Frequently Asked Questions
The ADB-JSP is a full-tuition scholarship program that provides financial assistance to promising students from developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region. The scholarship is open to students pursuing master’s or doctoral degrees in economics, business and management, science and technology, and other development-related fields.
Citizens of a developing member country of the Asian Development Bank
Admitted to or enrolled in a master’s or doctoral program at a designated institution (DI)
Have a strong academic record and a demonstrated commitment to development
Be proficient in English
Full tuition fees
A monthly subsistence allowance (including housing)
Books and instructional materials
Applications for the ADB-JSP are submitted through the designated institutions (DIs). The deadline for applications varies by DI, so it is important to check with your chosen DI for specific deadlines and requirements.
Standardized test scores (if required by the DI)
Letters of recommendation
Selection decisions are typically made in March or April. Notification of selection will be sent to applicants through their chosen DI.