Applications for the 2023-2024 ANSO Scholarship for International Students are now open. The ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents provides young students/scholars who are Non-Chinese citizens an opportunity to pursue postgraduate education at the colleges or schools of the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) or institutes of CAS around China.
ANSO Scholarship 2023 is fully funded and will provide flight ticket, health insurance, tuition fees, and a competitive monthly stipend. Every year, up to 200 Master’s students and 300 PhD students from all over the world will be sponsored to study in CAS. The USTC ANSO scholarship is awarded for a maximum duration of 36 months for master’s students and 48 months for PhD students.
The Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) was created by the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and other 36 scientific institutes as well as international organizations worldwide. ANSO’s main objective through this scholarship is to train and cultivate young scientists from all over the world. ANSO is committed to promoting shared sustainable development and the advancement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through catalyzing and implementing concrete international cooperative initiatives in Science, Technology, Innovation and Capacity Building.
- Host Institution: Colleges or schools of the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS), or institutes of CAS around China.
- Field of Study: Available Master’s and PhD programs at host institutions.
- Number of awards: 500 (up to 200 master scholarship and 300 PhD scholarship).
- Duration: The duration for master is up to 36 months, while for PhD, is up to 48 months.
- Target group: Open to Non-Chinese citizens.
ANSO Scholarship for International Students Benefits
ANSO scholarship amount and ANSO scholarship stipend will be offered to successful applicants. Therefore, ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents will offer selected candidates the following Benefits:
- Tuition waiver
- a monthly stipend from CAS through USTC/UCAS:
- RMB 3000 for Master’s awardees,
- RMB 6000 or RMB 7000 for PhD awardees (depending on whether they have passed the qualification test).
- Health insurance;
- Application fee waiver;
- A Travel subsidy from awardees’ home countries to China (one trip per person).
- One-time visa/residence permit allowance
Note : Any scholarship awardee on-site in China, the host country, at the time of application will NOT be eligible for any travel subsidy.
Also Check : Government Scholarships for International Students (Now Open)
ANSO Scholarship for International Students Eligibility
In order to apply for this scholarship to study in Asia, applicants must first meet the ANSO scholarship requirements as shown below.
- Not hold Chinese citizenship;
- Provide proof of proficiency of English or Chinese language;
- Have a maximum of 30 years old (be born after 1st January 1993 – inclusive) for Master’s applicants;
- For PhD program applicants: be born after 1st January 1988 (inclusive)
- Meet the admission criteria for international students of USTC/UCAS;
- Not take up other assignments during his/her scholarship.
The 2023-2024 ANSO scholarship application deadline is February 15, 2023.