Applications are invited for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program 2024. The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program is a graduate-level scholarship program offered by Stanford University in California, USA. The program offers full funding for up to three years of study in any graduate degree program at Stanford, as well as access to leadership development opportunities, mentorship, and a community of scholars from diverse backgrounds.
The program seeks to develop a new generation of global leaders who are committed to addressing complex challenges and creating positive change in their communities and the world. Applicants must demonstrate a strong record of leadership and achievement, as well as the potential to contribute to society through their chosen field of study.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program Introduction
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program is a prestigious graduate-level scholarship program offered by Stanford University in California, USA. It was established in 2016 with a $750 million endowment gift from Nike co-founder Phil Knight and Stanford alumnus John Hennessy, who served as the university’s president from 2000 to 2016. The program aims to prepare a new generation of global leaders who have the knowledge, skills, and ethical values to address complex challenges and create positive change in the world. The program provides full funding for up to three years of graduate study at Stanford, as well as access to leadership development opportunities, mentorship, and a community of scholars from diverse backgrounds. The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program is open to students from all over the world who have demonstrated excellence in their academic and leadership pursuits, and who are committed to making a positive impact in their communities and the world.
Scholarship Coverage for Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program 2024:
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program provides full funding for scholars to pursue graduate studies at Stanford University. The scholarship coverage includes:
- Tuition and fees: The program covers the full cost of tuition and associated fees for scholars in any graduate degree program at Stanford.
- Stipend for living expenses: Scholars receive a stipend to cover living expenses during their studies at Stanford. The stipend is based on the cost of living in the Stanford area and varies depending on the program.
- On-campus housing: Scholars are provided with on-campus housing at Stanford, either in single-occupancy apartments or shared living spaces with other scholars.
- Books and supplies: The program provides an allowance for books and supplies necessary for scholars’ coursework.
- Health insurance: The program covers the cost of health insurance for scholars.
- Travel stipend: Scholars receive a travel stipend to cover the cost of one round-trip ticket between their home country and Stanford each year.
- Leadership development opportunities: Scholars have access to a variety of leadership development opportunities, including workshops, seminars, and mentorship from leaders in various fields.
Eligibility Criteria for Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program 2024:
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program is open to applicants from all over the world who have demonstrated excellence in their academic and leadership pursuits, and who are committed to making a positive impact in their communities and the world. However, to be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must apply separately to the graduate program(s) of their choice at Stanford University and be accepted to one of those programs. The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program does not accept standalone applications.
- Applicants must have received, or be in the process of receiving, a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution of higher education before enrollment at Stanford. Those still pursuing a bachelor’s degree must complete it before enrolling at Stanford.
- There are no specific GPA or test score requirements for the scholarship, but applicants must demonstrate academic excellence and the potential to thrive in a rigorous academic environment.
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership potential and a commitment to serving others. This can be demonstrated through a variety of experiences, such as community service, activism, or entrepreneurship.
- Applicants must be fluent in English. If English is not their first language, they must provide a valid TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE score.
- There are no age restrictions for the scholarship, but applicants must be at least 18 years old by the start of the program.
Required Documents for Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program 2024:
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program requires applicants to submit several documents as part of the application process. These documents include:
- Online application form: Applicants must complete and submit the online application form, which includes personal and academic information, as well as essays and short answer questions.
- Resume/CV: Applicants must provide a current resume or CV that outlines their academic and professional achievements, as well as any leadership roles they have held.
- Two recommendation letters: Applicants must provide two recommendation letters from individuals who can attest to their academic and leadership abilities.
- Transcripts: Applicants must submit official transcripts from all universities and colleges they have attended. Transcripts must be in English or accompanied by a certified English translation.
- Standardized test scores: Applicants must provide official test scores for any required standardized tests, such as the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or MCAT. Test scores must be less than five years old at the time of application.
- English proficiency scores: Non-native English speakers must provide valid TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores to demonstrate their proficiency in English.
- Video statement: Applicants must submit a video statement that introduces themselves and explains their background, experiences, and goals.
- Two essays: Applicants must submit two essays that address specific prompts related to their personal and professional experiences, goals, and leadership potential.
How To Apply For Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program 2024:
To apply for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program, applicants must follow the application instructions provided on the program’s website. The application process has several steps:
- Review eligibility criteria: Applicants should carefully review the eligibility criteria to ensure they meet the program’s requirements.
- Choose the graduate program(s): Applicants should identify and apply to the graduate program(s) of their choice at Stanford University. The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program does not accept standalone applications.
- Register for an account: Applicants should register for an account on the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program website to access the online application.
- Complete the online application: Applicants should complete the online application form, which includes personal and academic information, as well as essays and short answer questions.
- Submit required documents: Applicants should submit all required documents, including transcripts, test scores, recommendation letters, and a video statement, through the online application portal.
- Submit the application: Once all documents have been submitted, applicants should review their application and submit it by the deadline.
The application deadline for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program varies each year but is usually in early October. For the 2023 cohort, the application period is expected to open in mid-May 2022 and the application deadline will likely be in early October 2022. Applicants should check the program’s website for the most up-to-date information on the application timeline.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What graduate programs are eligible for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program?
Is the program open to international students?
What is the application deadline?
What is the selection process for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program?
What is the scholarship coverage for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program?
How many Knight-Hennessy Scholars are selected each year?
Can I apply for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program if I have already started graduate school at Stanford or another university?
What is the duration of the scholarship?
Official Website of Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program offers a great opportunity for students who want to study at Stanford University without having to worry about paying for tuition, housing and other expenses. The program also provides mentorship, leadership training and a supportive community of people with diverse backgrounds. However, the application process is very competitive and considers not only academic achievements but also personal qualities and goals. If you are interested in this program and want to make a positive impact in your field, you should consider applying. To apply for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program, please visit the official website of the Stanford University.