Details of Mathematics Scholarships Germany
The Department of Mathematics in the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, Germany, in co-operation with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), invites applications for 02 Scholarships for international doctoral candidates.
The PhD program in Mathematical Sciences focuses on high-level research in mathematics. It features intensive training and cutting-edge research projects in pure and applied mathematics, emphasising independent research on the part of the students. A list of research areas is available here: List of research areas.
As part of its structured doctoral program, the Department of Mathematics provides training in the core competences of research methods, content-related expertise, and interdisciplinary research skills; furthermore, it places the emphasis on competencies which give its doctoral applicants a competitive edge across research areas and occupational fields as well as those that enhance their ability to assume executive functions.
Benefits of Scholarship
- A monthly stipend of EUR 1,200
- In addition to the scholarship, the funding line includes a fixed sum for travel expenses, health, accident and liability insurance as well as a contribution towards research expenses
Eligibility for Scholarship
To apply for scholarships, applicants must have:
- An excellent Master’s degree that formally qualifies them for doctoral studies
- In their previous studies, applicants are expected to have acquired relevant discipline-specific and methodological knowledge in their field of expertise that enables them to successfully complete their research project
- Beyond the formal qualifications, seeing a research project through from beginning to end requires a great deal of dedication, the ability to deal with conflicts, self-management skills, the ability to think and act strategically, self-motivation, well-developed communication skills and the ability to work together with others
To apply for Fully funded PhD Scholarships (Graduate School Scholarship Program) in Mathematics, applicants are required to submit:
- Cover letter / letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae
- Master’s Degree thesis (in case the thesis is not in English or not finished yet, then an English summary must be submitted)
- Master’s Degree certificate and transcript of records of graduate studies
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate and transcript of records of undergraduate studies
- For applicants from China: certificate of the Academic Evaluation Center (Akademische Prüfstelle)
- Certificate of English proficiency
- Letters of recommendation by two university professors, preferably from your home university, issued during the last year
- Alternatively, referees may e-mail letters of recommendation directly: • email@example.com. In the latter case, a document with name and address of the referees must be uploaded
- List of publications, if applicable
- Documents certifying completed practical work (internship etc.), if applicable