Applications are invited from International Students and Pakistani Students for Fully Funded Japanese Government MEXT undergraduate Scholarships 2021 to study at Japanese universities.
Last Date to Apply: July 10, 2020
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) of Japan offers scholarships to international students and Pakistani Students who wish to study at Japanese universities as Undergraduate Students under the Japanese Government MEXT Undergraduate Scholarships 2021 Program.
MEXT Undergraduate Scholarships 2021 accepts applications from international students for study in Japan who satisfy the following qualifications and conditions. Its aim is to foster human resources who will become bridges of friendship between the grantee’s country and Japan through study in Japan and who will contribute to the development of both countries and the wider world.
Nationality: Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan. The First Screening must be conducted at the Japanese diplomatic mission in the country of which the applicant chooses the nationality.
Age: Applicants, in principle, must be born on or after April 2, 1996. However, applicants who satisfy the conditions for Academic Background stipulated in 3 below must be 18 years of age or older at the time of admission to a university in Japan.
Academic Background: Applicants must satisfy any one of the following conditions. However, applicants desiring direct placement must satisfy either the following 1, 3 or 4 condition.
- Applicants who have completed 12 years of schooling in countries other than Japan. (Applicants who will meet the above condition by March 2021 are eligible. However, applicants wishing to enroll from the autumn term through direct placement must be expected to complete 12 years of schooling by August 2021.)
- Applicants who have completed their studies at a school equivalent to a Japanese upper secondary school in countries other than Japan. (Applicants who will meet the above condition by March 2021 are eligible.)
- Applicants who have successfully passed an academic qualification examination that is equivalent to the completion of 12 years of schooling in countries other than Japan. (Applicants who will meet the above condition by March 2021 are eligible.)
- Other than the above 1, 2 and 3 conditions, applicants who are eligible for enrollment in a Japanese university at the time of application
Japanese Language: Applicants must be willing to learn Japanese. Applicants must be interested in Japan and be willing to deepen their understanding of Japan before and after arriving in Japan. In addition, in principle, applicants must be willing to carry out their academic studies in Japan in Japanese.
Health: Applicants must submit a health certificate in the prescribed format signed by a physician attesting that the applicant has no physical or mental conditions hindering the applicant’s study in Japan.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits under Fully Funded MEXT Undergraduate Scholarships 2021:
- Allowance: 117,000 yen per month. A supplemental regional allowance of 2,000 yen or 3,000 yen per month will be added to the monthly scholarship amount for the grantees studying or conducting research in specially designated regions
- Education Fees: Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition at universities will be paid by MEXT
- Traveling Expenses: To and from Japan
To apply for MEXT Undergraduate Scholarships 2021, applicants are required to submit:
- Application Form
- Mark Sheet Form
- Direct Placement Preference Form
- Academic transcript(s) for all school years of school/university
- Certificate(s) of graduation of school/university attended
- Recommendation letter from either a class teacher or principal of last school attended
- Medical certificate
- Certificate of enrollment
- Certificate of university enrollment qualification examination
- Certificate of language proficiency
For students from Pakistan
Send your applications at the following address:
Please write this outside the envelope carrying your application:
MEXT UG Scholarship Application
Public Affairs Section
Embassy of Japan
53-70, Ramna 5/4
Diplomatic Enclave 1
International students are required to consult the Japanese Embassy in their relevant country for information.