Applications are invited for the Weather Simulation PhD Scholarships Australia. with Boeing-UQ Research Alliance at the University of Queensland, Australia. Boeing currently provides weather simulation capabilities for long-term, large-scale simulation activities. These weather simulations are targeted for regional weather systems and lack the precision for running in depth analysis of urban effects on weather patterns. Recently though a need has been identified to be able to simulate micro weather environments within urban centers using these large-scale regional weather environments. The aim of this project (Micro Weather Simulation PhD Scholarship Australia) is to be able to simulate micro weather systems within an urban environment by analyzing large scale, region wide weather patterns, urban center terrain data and building footprint and height data.
Benefits under scholarship
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits under Micro Weather Simulation PhD Scholarship Australia:
- Base stipend of $28,092 per annum tax free (2020 rate), indexed annually
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Tuition scholarship
- A 01 year $14,150 top up living scholarship
Eligibility for scholarship
To be eligible for Micro Weather Simulation PhD Scholarship Australia, an applicant must:
- be nominated by the Principal Advisor and enrolling school or institute at UQ
- be assessed by the Graduate School as meeting all conditions for admission to the higher degree by research program and be competitive for scholarship
Application procedure for scholarship
To apply for Micro Weather Simulation PhD Scholarship Australia, applicants are required to submit:
- Academic CV
- Academic transcript for all post-secondary study undertaken, complete or incomplete, including the institution grading scale
- Award certificates/testamurs for all completed post-secondary study. If you are from China you must provide three documents, your transcript, award certificate and graduate statement/certificate
- Evidence for meeting UQ’s English language proficiency requirements (which must be valid at commencement date)
- A copy of your Passport (the information page with your photo only) – to verify your identity and ensure offers are issued correctly.
- Contact details from two referees who can best comment on your prior research experience. UQ will contact your referees directly for a report, but you will need to enter their details into the application form
When you apply, make sure that you:
- Tick ‘I am applying for, or have been awarded a scholarship or sponsorship’
- Enter ‘Boeing ‘in the ‘Name of scholarship’ field.
- Enter ‘UQ Graduate School’s the ‘Sponsor / organization
Frequently Asked Questions:
How can I get a full scholarship for PhD in Australia?
The Destination Australia Program (DAP) is an Australian Government program valued at up to AUD $15,000 (USD $10,300) per student, per year. As a PhD student, you can access these scholarships for up to four years.
How much GPA is required for PhD in Australia?
A postgraduate qualification with a GPA of at least 5.0 (on a 7.0 point scale), or a bachelors degree with second-class honours (Division B). Qualification must be in a related discipline.