pplications are invited for 2 Fully Funded PhD fellowships in behavioral genetics on addiction related behaviors at Institut für Zoologie
Biozentrum, University of Köln, Germany.
Details PhD fellowship in Germany
The group of Prof. Henrike Scholz at the University of Köln focusses on an interdisciplinary approach to investigate the neuronal and mechanistic bases of behaviors associated with addiction such as alcoholism and eating disorders using the Drosophila melanogaster. One project aims to dissect the function of subcellular cAMP signaling in learning in memory and the second project aims to understand how cellular stress response in neurons contributes to behaviors associated with dysregulation of alcohol intake.
Both Fellowships are available for 36 months.
Benefits of PhD fellowship in Germany
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- Two PhD Fellowships
- Exciting and excellent research environment
- Opportunity to participate in the graduate school of neuroscience and graduate school for biological science of the University of Cologne
- Travel opportunities for training and meeting
- Training opportunities in molecular biology, systems biology, neuroanatomy, optogenetics and neurogenetics
- The University of Köln is an equal opportunity employer
Eligibility for PhD fellowship in Germany
To apply for PhD Fellowships, applicants must have:
- A Master degree or equivalent in Molecular Biology, Neuroscience, Biology or related disciplines
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary research
- Profound knowledge of molecular-genetic, genetics and cellular biology
- Expertise in neuroanatomy and Drosophila work
- Excellent communication and team-working skills
- Enthusiasm and great commitment to research
- Very good command of the English language
Application for PhD fellowship in Germany
To apply for PhD Fellowships, applicants are required to submit following documents:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- List of publications (if any)
- A short essay describing your motivation, a description of past research experience and future interests
- Name and addresses of at least two Referee
Please submit all documents as one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to your application.