Applications are invited for Fully Funded Ph.D. Scholarships in Nutritional Physiology at the Leibniz Institute for Farm Animal Biology (FBN), Germany.
The Leibniz Institute for Farm Animal Biology (FBN) is a foundation under public law and a member of the Leibniz Association. The Institute with about 300 employees is performing fundamental and applied research in the field of the biology of domestic livestock. The Institute provides an interdisciplinary research environment and excellent experimental and analytical facilities.
Participation in the research consortium “Energie” consisting of project partners from the Universities of Rostock, Greifswald, and Neubrandenburg, and own qualification (Ph.D. degree) in the framework of the program “Junior scientists in excellent research networks” of the federal state Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. The task includes the metabolic characterization of malnutrition and sarcopenia related to gastrointestinal diseases in mouse models. The project is financially supported by the European Social Fund (ESF) and Mecklenburg- Western Pomerania (2nd call from the Excellence Research Program MV) and has a particular focus on the promotion of young academics.
Benefits under PhD Scholarships
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits under PhD Scholarships Germany in The Leibniz Institute for Farm Animal Biology (FBN):
- Multifaceted and challenging research tasks in a performance‐oriented and family‐friendly environment
- Modern equipment and integration in international and national research projects
- Employment conditions according to the provisions of Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst der Länder (TV-L),
- Remuneration at the level of 65% of salary grade 13 TV-L
- Participation in the company pension scheme (VBL)
- Assistance with formal issues while settling into the new living environment
Eligibility criteria for PhD Scholarships Germany
To be eligible for scholarship, applicants must:
- Have a master degree in Medical Biotechnology, Nutritional Sciences, Animal Sciences, Veterinary Medicine or a comparable qualification
- Basic knowledge of physiology and biochemistry of nutrition and the willingness to work with mice is required
- Applicants who have a preference for and/or previous experience with laboratory work (preferably chromatography, mass spectrometry or molecular biology methods) are especially welcome
- Excellent English language (oral and written) skills is required
- We seek to employ individuals who are highly motivated team players and have a keen interest in science
To apply for PhD Scholarships position in Nutritional Physiology, applicants are requited to send your application (preferable as PDF), including Motivation Letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of diplomas and certificates, and the contact information of two references to:
Leibniz‐Institut für Nutztierbiologie Verwaltung (St.nr. 2019‐38) Wilhelm‐Stahl‐Allee 2 18196 Dummerstorf, Germany
or via e-mail to: personal@fbn‐dummerstorf.de