Applications are invited for the Singapore Scholarships for International Students 2023-24. The government of Singapore has announced the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) for International Students to pursue their Ph.D. degree programs in Singapore. This program is arranged with the support of the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), the Singapore Management University (SMU), the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), and the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR).
Table of Contents
About Singapore Scholarships for International Students
It is important to mention here that the courses of PhD programs have been taught in English language in one of the above-described institutions i.e. A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, SUTD or SMU which one has been chosen by the selected students. SINGA (Singapore International Graduate Award) program has been offered to the talented students in the supervision of the top-level mentors and researchers of the world’s class one instructors of the world. The students will be granted a Doctoral degree by one of the NTU, NUS, SUTD or SMU after the successful completion of the program.
Singapore is one of the fully developed and economically rich country in Asia. With the support of SINGA, the students from all countries of the world can pursue their PhD degrees in Singapore. The Singapore Graduate Award is providing educational skills to the students along with the sharing of culture-based research in communities for international students.
Singapore Scholarships for International Students Description:
- Scholarship Country: Singapore
- Host Universities: A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, SUTD, SMU
- Supported By: Government of Singapore
- Course level: PhD Degree Programs
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligibility: International Students
- Deadline Date: 1st June 2023
Award Benefits for Singapore Scholarships for International Students:
Singapore Scholarship for International Students is a Fully Funded Scholarship program. Detail of the covered expenses is given below:
- Tuition fees
- Living Costs up to S$ 1,400 – S$2,000 (Singapore Dollar)
- Monthly stipend of S$2,200 increase-able to S$2,700 by Qualifying Exams
- Airfare grant of up to S$1,500 for one time only
- Settling-in Allowance of S$1,000 for one time only
Also Check Latest Scholarships
Eligibility Criteria of Singapore Scholarships for International Students
Applicants have to fulfil the given below criteria to apply online for Singapore Scholarship for International Students:
- All international students are eligible to apply.
- The applicants must have a graduate degree along with research experience.
- The students must have an excellent academic record in previous academics.
- The scholarship is offered for international students only who are studying for the first time in Singapore. Singaporean students, Permanent Residents of Singapore and International students studying or who have studied in Singapore institutions, are not eligible to apply for SINGA.
- The students must have good skills in written as well as in Oral English language.
- Good reports given by the supervisors giving academic references.
Documents to be Submitted:
Under mentioned documents are required to apply for Singapore Scholarship for International Students:
- Online Application Form
- A recent passport-sized photograph (in .jpeg or. Png format)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) Learn, How to Write a Good CV
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s academic Certificates.
- Valid Passport
- Recommendation Letter (two) Click Here
- Personal Statement of the student Click Here to Learn
- Research proposal
- The students applying to NUS supervisors are required to submit the GRE scores in application form.
- IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results are required to be submitted.
The application deadline date to apply for Singapore Scholarship for International Students for January 2024 intake is 1st June 2023.
Apply Procedure for Singapore Scholarships for International Students
Interested Candidates can apply online for Singapore Scholarship for International Students:
- First of all, the students have to browse PhD Research Projects.
- Then go to the Research Areas to browse the projects in which the students are interested to apply.
- The students have to provide the accurate information during account registration in the application portal because the information will be used for verification upon your first log-in.
- Select the correct scholarship “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)” in the application portal after logging in.
- There is no need to mail any hard copy documents to the SINGA Office.
- The students have to submit their applications as soon as possible.
- Before submitting the application, make sure that all data entered in the online application form is correct and accurate. Amendments to the application are not possible after submission the applications.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified within 12 weeks after the application closing date.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the scholarships in Singapore?
Here is a list of scholarships in Singapore. This is one of the most renowned scholarships in Singapore. Abbreviated as SINGA, this scholarship is awarded to students who want to pursue a PhD in biomedical sciences and physical science and engineering.
What is Singapore International Graduate Award (Singa) 2023?
Nanyang Technological University Singapore, National University of Singapore, Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore Management University SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE AWARD (SINGA) 2023 | Fully Funded Scholarship is open for students interested in PhD scholarships in Singapore.