International Talent Scholarships at Utrecht University Netherlands
UES - Law, Economics and Governance International Talent Scholarships at Utrecht University Netherlands
Applications are invited for Fully funded UES – Law, Economics and Governance International Talent Scholarships (UES-LEGITS) 2020 at the Faculty of Law, Economics and Governances (LEG), Utrecht University, Netherlands.
Details of International Talent Scholarships
UES has an additional track for students who applied for a Master’s program offered by the Faculty of Law, Economics and Governances (LEG), the UES-Law, Economics and Governances International Talent Scholarships (UES-LEGITS). In contrast with the regular UES, both EU/EEA students and non-EU/EEA students can apply for UES-LEGITS.
This scholarship offers a number of highly talented prospective students the opportunity to pursue a degree in one of the English-taught Master’s programs of the Graduate School of Law, Economics, and Governance. With this selective scholarship program, the Faculty wants to contribute and invest in talented students who have shown the highest achievement in their careers so far. This can be based on their academic quality and results from preceding education or from students’ societal engagement or career vision. The scholarship enhances a more diverse and international classroom. Approximately 15 UES-LEGITSs are awarded per year.
Benefits of International Talent Scholarships
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- For students who will have to pay the statutory tuition fee (mainly EU/EEA students): €11.000
- For students who will have to pay the institutional tuition fee (most non-EU/EEA students): tuition fee + €11.000
Eligibility for International Talent Scholarships
To be eligible for Scholarships, applicants must:
- Have been admitted to one of the English-taught Master’s programs of the Graduate School of Law, Economics, and Governance with a start date of September 1, 2020
- Hold a non-Dutch secondary education degree
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa if applicable
Selection Criteria for International Talent Scholarships
Eligible applicants are selected for an International Talent Scholarships on the basis of the following criteria:
- The academic quality and results of the preceding education, as evidenced, for example, by grades, test scores, publications, letters of recommendation
- The student’s career vision, and promise in the proposed field of study
- The student’s societal engagement (e.g. extracurricular activities)
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the Master’s program
- The quality of the application itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency)
Application procedure for International Talent Scholarships
Students who wish to be considered for the International Talent Scholarships have to apply for admission to the program before 1 February.
Students who apply for a UES will be automatically considered students who apply for a UES-LEGITS. Students who are not eligible for a UES (e.g. because they hold EU/EEA citizenship) may be eligible for a UES-LEGITS.
After submitting an application for the Master’s program, students will have the option to submit an application for a Utrecht Excellence Scholarship from the 1st of November.
- Submit an application for a Master’s program; if you do not do this first, your UES-LEGIT or UES application will simply be deleted
- After submitting an application for a Master’s program, you can go to the Osiris Online Application
- Log in with your Osiris username and password
- Click on the link New application
- Answer the UES questions and upload the requested document(s)
- In contrast with a regular UES, for UES-LEGIT a top 10% ranking of your graduation class is not a criterium
- Students who apply for UES-LEGIT only (e.g. because they hold EU/EEA citizenship) must upload a general recommendation letter instead when asked for proof of top 10% ranking
- Non-EU/EEA students who do have a top 10% ranking proof should also upload this as well because they may then qualify for both, UES and UES-LEGITS. Without this proof, an application is for UES-LEG-ITS only
- EU/EEA students can ignore messages they are not eligible for because they don’t hold a non-EU/EEA citizenship
- Submit your application