Applications are invited for the University of Twente Scholarships 2024. The application last date to apply Online for the University of Twente Scholarships is 1 May 2024. For outstanding learners from EU/EEA nations as well as those outside of them, this is the ideal chance to take part in the University of Twente’s Master of Science program. There are options for every major subject and specialization, including management and development courses, applied mathematics, applied physics, engineering, computer science, social sciences, and business. The applicants will not be required to pay any application fees.
Every year, the Dutch government offers a large number of scholarships to students from abroad. One of the greatest scholarships available to international students is this one. Both non-EU/EEA candidates and EU/EEA people may apply for this scholarship. This fully funded scholarship takes care of all of the costs associated with studying in the Netherlands. For this scholarship, you do not need to take the IELTS if your most recent education was in English.
Located in Enschede, Netherlands, the University of Twente is a highly regarded public technical university that was founded in 1961. The University of Twente is ranked 127th among universities in Europe. The QS World Ranking of Universities places you in the 177th position globally. International students can apply for the University of Twente Scholarship 2021, which is offered by a top-tier university that offers high-quality education. This university offers excellent study spaces and fully furnished labs. Never pass up this opportunity to study in the Netherlands with a full scholarship.
University of Twente Scholarships Details
- Offered Degrees: Master’s degree
- Scholarship Award: Fully Funded
- University Name: University of Twente
- Host Country: Netherland
- Application Last Date: May 1, 2024
Education AT UT
Are you in search of the perfect study or educational partner for part-time training for your organization? Whether you are a prospective or postgraduate student or a professional who wants to continuously grow professionally and personally, the University of Twente offers a wide range of programs, from bachelor’s to in-company training and from summer school to (part-time) master’s. Discover our full-time, part-time, and one-time programs in various research fields.
During your bachelor’s, you will be taught according to the unique Twente Education Model (TOM). This way of teaching makes studying more effective, future-proof, and a lot more fun. All of our bachelor’s programs work with TOM. What makes this particular way of learning and teaching special?
Modules & Project-Based Work
During the first two years of your bachelor’s, you follow four modules per year. Each module focuses on a theme, which you will explore in depth during lectures, workshops, and feedback sessions with your fellow students. You conclude a module with a team project in which you tackle a current problem in society or business.
Your team divides the work, and each student is responsible for a project component. You are dependent on each other’s output; you understand and are assessed on what your team members have done. In the team, you collaborate with students from other bachelor’s programs. In this way, you learn to look beyond the boundaries of your own field of study and make cross-connections, resulting in surprising solutions. Moreover, you apply scientific theory directly in practice. We call this cross-disciplinary and future-proof education!
Researcher, Designer, Or Organiser
Are you a researcher developing new techniques? Or a designer deploying innovative techniques that will soon be accessible to everyone? Maybe you are a natural-born organizer who makes sure society is willing to use all those techniques and innovations. By working on projects and constantly changing teams and roles, you will discover where your true strengths lie—professionally and personally. This is very useful to know if you are looking for a suitable master’s program or job after your bachelor’s!
- Student workload at Dutch universities is expressed in EC, also named ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System), which is widely used throughout the European Union. In the Netherlands, each credit represents 28 hours of work. You need to acquire 60 credits each year.
- Your program assigns fixed numbers of hours to each assignment, project report, or exam. In the first year, you need to get at least 45 out of 60 points to be able to continue to the second year.
- Each module consists of different tests. How many tests there are and in what form they are taken (written, verbal, report, etc.) varies per program and module. You will be graded for each module and/ or for parts of the module.
Bachelor’s Honours Program
Would you like to learn about other scientific disciplines, in addition to your existing study program? The Bachelor’s Honours program could provide exactly the broader approach that you are looking for. For a period of eighteen months, you will follow one of the multidisciplinary tracks and work closely with students and scientists from other fields of study and research. The Bachelor’s Honours program begins every year in February and is open to all bachelor’s students who are in the top 10% of their study program.
This program is a supplementary in-depth program for students of Management, Society and Technology, International Business Administration, Industrial Design Engineering, Communication Science, and Psychology. In a number of modules, you will be challenged to work on an in-depth project.
University College Twente is the Liberal Arts and Sciences college of the University of Twente. It offers a three-year, international Honours program for motivated and ambitious students: the Bachelor’s program in Technology and Liberal Arts and Sciences, or ATLAS for short.
The bachelor’s program offers special features for small-scale and intensive education. They have a selection procedure with additional admission requirements for conditional admission. Your grades, study background, extra-curricular activities, and motivation will be thoroughly considered.
The University of Twente closely reviews all applications individually due to their distinctive nature. Therefore, the only way to determine admissibility is by submitting an official application for enrolment via Studielink and providing all required documentation in Osiris. After you have done so, you will be informed about your admissibility as soon as possible via email. These admission requirements are valid for the September 2024 intake.
- Bosnia Herzegovina
- Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- European Baccalaureate Diploma
- Hong Kong
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
- New Zealand
- North Macedonia
- Russian Federation (Russia)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- United Kingdom | England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- United Kingdom | Scotland
- United States of America
Success in your studies requires a high level of English proficiency. Therefore, prospective bachelor’s students with an international degree must meet the English language requirement. The application will only be processed when the English language requirements have been met, the University of Twente does not offer possible conditional admission if the English language requirement is not met.
Make sure you have obtained a valid English test result before the application deadline. If your application is accompanied by a language test score report with a test date after our deadline, we will not process it. Therefore, make sure to do the test in advance, as it will take time for you to get the official certificate.
The documents below are examples of the files that we require from students who wish to enter the admission process within the Osiris application. Without the necessary documents, the application will not be processed or rejected.
- Secondary School Diploma
- Secondary School Transcript of Records
- Additional Degree(s)
- Transcript of Records of Your Additional Degree(s)
- English Language Test: IELTS
- English Language Test: TOEFL
- English Language Test: Cambridge
- Dutch Language Test
- Additional Requirements: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and/or Biology
- Motivation Letter
- Financial Statement
The campus provides talented students, scientists, and professors with a fascinating learning, working, and living environment. It’s a beautiful place where you follow academic education and apply your new skills in the various state-of-the-art labs. You will be part of a dynamic community where 13,000 students and 3,700 staff members, representing around a hundred nationalities, use the latest knowledge and technology for a better future.
Our campus is the only all-in campus in the Netherlands. It has as many activities to offer as a small city with 3,000 student houses and apartments. There are plenty of facilities, such as a grocery store, a bar, a gym, a laundromat, healthcare facilities, and even a hairdresser. And the best part: the city center of Enschede is only a 10-minute bike ride away! This campus could also be yours!
Study, Sport, And Socialise
The campus is 146 acres, with about 200 football fields. You will find everything you need to study and have fun. From libraries and state-of-the-art laboratories for top research to theatre and sports fields. You can play almost every sport imaginable on campus, such as baseball, beach volleyball, archery, and even Quidditch.
A small selection of our hundreds of lab, culture, and sports facilities:
- Cafés and restaurants, like Theatercafé de Vrijhof, Subway and Starbucks Coffee
- Climbing wall and lacrosse sports field
- High-tech lab for Technical Medicine
- The Virtual Reality Lab and the Designlab
- Supersonic wind tunnel and the RaM lab (Robotics and Mechatronics)
- Open Air Theatre
- Free Wi-Fi, ATMs, and charging points for bicycles and cars
- A student chaplain and a mosque area
- A supermarket, hairdresser, and employment agency
Student activities are organized almost every day, hosted by study and student associations, educational programs, (research) institutes, start-up hub Incubase, Kennispark Twente, or UT itself.
- Join the Kick-in Introduction! It gives you the opportunity to meet your fellow students and get to know Enschede and the university’s campus.
- Run the Batavierenrace: the world’s largest relay race, from Nijmegen to Enschede with 8,500 students.
- Share ideas during Create Tomorrow: the biggest student collaboration in the Netherlands, where groups of students work on creative solutions for business and governmental cases.
- Enjoy concerts and festivals with famous Dutch performers like Anouk, Caro Emerald, Waylon, Candy Dulfer, and Tiësto.
- Awarded students will get € 3,000 – € 22,000 each year.
- Successful students will be able to explore world-class research laboratories.
- The candidates may also apply for another good scholarship, the Kipaji Scholarship program.
- Free Residence.
- Airfare Tickets.
- Medical Insurance.
List of Subjects
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Business Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering & Management
- Communication Science
- Computer Science
- Construction Management & Engineering
- Educational Science & Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- Environmental & Energy Management
- European Studies
- Health Sciences
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Industrial Engineering & Management
- Interaction Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Philosophy of Science, Technology & Society
- Public Administration
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- All International Students and residents of the Netherlands can apply for a Scholarship.
- For Master’s Degree Programs, Undergraduate is Required.
- The age limit for a Master is not more than 35 at the time of application.
- Good Academic Record.
- You must have a bachelor’s degree to apply for this scholarship.
- You must have been offered admission to study one of the Master’s programs at the University of Twente
- You need to have at least 50% of European Credits in order to meet the scholarship criteria.
- IELTS or TOFEL if Your last education is not in English.
The application last date to apply Online for the University of Twente Scholarships is 1 May 2024.
How To Apply?
The best place to start if you want to learn more about University of Twente scholarships is the official website. Additionally, you can learn more about the university’s staff, faculty, research, and outreach initiatives. The software gives users access to online textbooks and study guides, in addition to other resources. If you’re interested in learning more about the university, whether you’re a prospective or current student or just curious, go to its official website. To visit the website, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
The University of Twente offers a variety of scholarships for prospective and current students, including merit-based scholarships, need-based scholarships, and scholarships for specific groups of students.
The eligibility criteria for University of Twente scholarships vary depending on the specific scholarship. However, most scholarships require you to have a strong academic record and demonstrate a commitment to your studies.
The application process for University of Twente scholarships varies depending on the specific scholarship. However, most scholarships require you to submit an online application form and provide supporting documents, such as transcripts and recommendation letters.
The application last date to apply Online for the University of Twente Scholarships is 1 May 2024.
The University of Twente Excellence Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship for incoming international students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement.