Applications are invited for the Fully Funded WBI Excellence Scholarships Program 2020 Belgium [Short-term Scholarships (1 to 3 months) and Long-term Scholarships (1 to 2 years)] at the outstanding university network in the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
Researchers from any country with a degree of doctor by a given foreign university wish to carry out a postdoctoral program in higher education institutions organized or subsidized by the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
It should be noted that you are allowed to submit a file even if you are in an active term and the doctorate certification is not yet in your possession. In this case, it will be necessary to send proof of achievement at the latest on :
- For long-term Scholarships
- stay between September and August): 1st of June
- For short-term Scholarships
- for stay between February and May: 1st of December
- for stay between June and September: 1st of April
- for stay between October and January: 1st of July
Situated at the heart of Europe, Wallonia’s universities, university colleges, and art academies offer a diversified and accessible range of educational courses. Open-minded and multi-cultural, Wallonia has already been the place of choice for numerous international students because of the excellence of its further education. Benefit from financial grants and obtain an education in French or English in a region that boasts an exceptional quality of life!
Areas under Scholarship
In order to support the various competitiveness clusters of Marshall Plan 4.0, the following are the focus areas :
- Transport and logistics
- Mechanical engineering
- Life sciences
- Environmental technologies
All other fields will be taken into account, whether in the human sciences, fundamental or applied.
Benefits under Scholarship
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- The monthly amount of 2.120 euros covers living expenses, accommodation, educational materials, and travel expenses within the country
- WBI will cover international travel costs (one round trip for the total duration of the program)
- WBI covers “healthcare” insurance for non-EU fellows
- WBI takes responsibility for “repatriation assistance” insurance (only for long-term Scholarships)
The application form and its appendices must be duly completed and signed in the required places.
- Application form
- Appendix 1: Declaration of additional funding (template on page 10)
- Appendix 2: Minimum 2 letters of reference (template on page 11) prepared by the faculty of an academic institution able to judge the scientific quality of your work. These must be sent by e-mail directly to WBI and cannot be sent to you
- Appendix 3: Letter of invitation or agreement from the host university or from the professor(s) supervising the research (no template). It should be noted that researching a host university is a process that is your responsibility and WBI does not intervene in this process
- Appendix 4: Copy of diplomas (bachelor, 120 credits master, and doctorate)
For long-term Scholarships :
No later than the 1st of March (UTC/GMT +1) preceding the academic year during which the stay is requested (starting 1st of October at the latest).
For short-term Scholarships :
- For a stay between February and May: no later than the preceding 1st of October (UTC/GMT +2)
- For a stay between June and September: no later than the preceding 1st of February (UTC/GMT +1
- For a stay between October and January (starting 1st of November at the latest): no later than the preceding 1stof May (UTC/GMT +2)
The application form must be typed and sent by e-mail in one single PDF file (maximum 10 MB) to the Program manager.
Institute Name: Outstanding university network in the Wallonia-Brussels Federation
Deadline: March 01, 2020